Early Years Pupil Premium is additional funding paid by the government, to the nursery, for eligible children. Your child may be eligible if you, as a family are in receipt of:-
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – your household income must be less than £7,400 a year after tax not including any benefits you get
You may also get Early Years Pupil Premium if your child is currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales or if your child has left care in England or Wales through:
- special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order
Pupil Premium funding is used to help improve the outcomes of children in a variety of ways.
Please click here to see our latest report on the impact Pupil Premium has had on our children.